As far as sub sandwiches go, there is nothing better than an Italian Beef. Slow cooked beef with onions, peppers and cheese on a hoagie roll is a hearty delicious go-to for any meal. Made in a slow cooker, the hardest part is the assembly of the finished sandwich!
Click here to buy Triple C Ranch Beef!
Italian Beef for sub sandwiches
- 1 Slow Cooker big enough to fit your roast
- 2-3 lb TCR Rump Roast
- 1 1.5 oz Pkg dry italian dressing packet
- 12 oz bottle whole pepperoncini's undrained
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 whole onions sliced
- Prepare the slow cooker by layering in all the sliced onions.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper all over. Place roast in slow cooker on top of onions. Sprinkle the dry italian dressing mix over the roast. Dump the full, entire bottle of pepperoncinis with liquid over all. Top with the 1/2 stick of butter.
- Set the slow cooker to high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. When done cooking, remove the roast and onions/peppers. Save the au jus, you will dip the roll into it before assembly. Slice the roast as thinly as possible.
- To make the sub sandwiches: Get some hoagie rolls and provolone cheese.Open roll up and dip cut side into the broth (au jus) from cooking. Very important! Add sliced beef, cooked onions and peppers, and top with a slice or two of provolone cheese (can be omitted). Eat with lots of napkins, it can get messy, in a good way.
Nothing like a hot Italian Beef Sub sandwich!